I'm just your average 23 year old girl whose trying to make her way in the world! Studying lingerie design at Univeristy Is my passion and alot of my blog posts with be related to that, however I love to illustrate and there's nothing better than making something out of nothing... so this blog is a mix of all things hand made and creative!

Thursday 19 May 2011

Project bedroom.. Part 1!

Me and my brother swapped bedrooms about 4 months ago. He did have the bigger room but hated keeping it tidy.. (typical!) and I wasn't going to complain at more space and a chance to decorate exactly how I want too.. so I now have a nice big room and he has one half the size! However, due to Uni commitments/being to bloody tired to do anything since the swap in the middle of February I've been living on a matress in the middle of a room covered in awful wallpaper and a disgusting pink carpet.

So, long story short, I'm decorating! My old room was lovely but I felt I'd out grown it a bit, It was very pink and girly with mixed match furniture and just a collection of 'things' I've collected over the years and never thrown away. Not good really, I'm 23 and wanted a drastic change, a fresh start, and for third year at Uni, I wanted a space I can come to and feel relaxed, without much drama and clutter. I've decided on creams, browns with a hint of purple which will come through on the 'feature' wall.

Not the best picture in the world but it shows the horrible red bottom section of wall paper and the cream/brown blobby wallpaper up the top (ew, blobby) Plus, look at that carpet. What were the previous owners thinking.. It was so dingey and blagh. But, you can see the colour I've changed the room too, a nice, hot chocolate brown I think? With cream gloss on the skirting board and day-do rail.

Anywho, this is the wallpaper I decided on with the help of my wonderful mother! I'm far to indecisive for my own good sometimes.


The purple is a little more purple in real life but I love the texture of it. I think combined with the simple block painted walls it'll look lovely <3
We decided to have the stripes going horizontally across the wall too, thought that might look a little more up to date and would maybe make the room look wider (or maybe not!)


I suppose this is a better representation of the colour I went for on the walls (it's had a 2nd and 3rd coat now so it's not patchy or two tone anymore!) But I do really love it, just can't wait to rip that carpet out! Will get a better picture once the suns out again, it's a bit late now.

And that's about as far as I've got really, the furniture's coming on Monday and the beds arriving Tuesday. I'm really, really excited about this! I'll show you some pictures actually I'm clearly not the most patient lady in the world but after living how I have for 4 months I just want to get organised! (When I say living how I have been I'm not implying I've had a sorrowful little old time living with an old, empty can of beans in my hand and asking for change) but I have been in and out of my suitcase, everything else is in the conservatory and I miss my 'things'. I want to organise my books and just set out my bits and pieces nicely.. oh it's a hard life!

But..



All from Argos!

1. The bookcase. The thing I'm most excited about! My lingerie books are going to look beautiful <3

2. The bed! I decided to get rid of a wardrobe (maybe silly, who knows) But I hate how big and bulky and just dominating they can be, and the room isn't THAT big to justify it's space being taken up like that. So the bed have huge under bed storage and I just love it <3 Compared to the single bed I've had all my life this is going to be like luxury! 

3. The chest of draws. Big enough to store everything I need. Anything I don't wear often/ever! Is going on ebay. I'll pop a link up actually if anyones interested. I'm having a huge clear out.

4. Cute little bedside table <3

5. My desk! Really basic and simple. Other desks I looked at were really officey and I hated that, so this is big enough to pattern cut on and small enough to look lovely facing out the little window over looking the garden (you can see the one I mean in the top pic!)

Also went homebase and got a few little treats for the room..



How beautiful are the fairy lights! Delicate little hummingbirds <3 Lovely <3

1. The flower pot and plant - £4.99
2. The vase - £6.99
3. The humming bird lights - £14.99

All from homebase <3

I apoliogse for the length of this blog but I'm just so excited everythings coming together finally!

Talk soon lovelies! <3 




1 comment:

  1. I love room make overs, cant wait to see it when its finished :)

    ReplyDelete